HIV/AIDS Related Resources
HIV/AIDS Information Resources
- AIDS.org – HIV/AIDS information. AIDS.org, Inc. is a nonprofit educational organization.
- AIDSmeds.com – Information about drugs and treatment for HIV/AIDS.
- Thebody – A complete source for AIDS information and a provider of current news and developments.
- AIDS.gov – Federal resources, basic information, as well as news and media surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- UnAIDS – Global picture of HIV/AIDS treatments, issues, and trends.
Foundations for HIV/AIDS
- http://www.evergreenaids.org/ is a nonprofit in Bellingham, WA providing resources and advocacy for individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
- American Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR) is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of AIDS research, AIDS prevention, treatment education and the advocacy of sound AIDS-related public policy.
- Lifelong AIDS Alliance is committed to preventing the spread of HIV, providing practical support services and advocating for those whose lives are affected by HIV and AIDS. Lifelong AIDS Alliance was formed in January 2001 through the merger of Chicken Soup Brigade and Northwest AIDS Foundation. The organization provides housing and home chores, food and nutrition services, insurance continuation, transportation, case management and emergency financial assistance to people living with HIV/AIDS. Community services include prevention education and national public policy advocacy.
Other HIV/AIDS Related Links
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recognized as the lead federal agency for protecting the health and safety of people – at home and abroad, providing credible information to enhance health decisions and promoting health through strong partnerships. The CDC is in no way affiliated with the Sean Humphrey House.
- www.SafeSax.com “Safe Sax offers a new twist on the same old boring purse or bag. With color and creativity, and yes, condoms, we have created products that are fun, funky, fresh and make people stop in their tracks. Partial proceeds from the sale of our products go to non-profit organizations aligned with AIDS prevention and education.”
- Family Health International This site has been working to improve lives across the globe and uses its leadership ability to manage HIV as a chronic disease across the world.
Housing Providers in Washington State
- Bailey-Boushay House Bailey-Boushay House is a nationally recognized facility offering residential care and day health programs for people living with life threatening or end of life conditions including HIV/AIDS.
- AIDS Housing Association of Tacoma AIDS Housing Association of Tacoma (AHAT) provides safe, affordable housing to maintain, empower and enhance the lives and dignity of people living with the effects of HIV/AIDS. The association is dedicated to providing quality and innovative services by staff and volunteers.
What is HIV/AIDS?
HIV, or Human Immunodeficiency Virus, is a virus that, over time, weakens your body’s immune system. HIV is the cause of AIDS, or, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.
For more information about the difference between HIV and AIDS, the history of HIV, how HIV is transmitted and some of the effects of HIV/AIDS, see our HIV/AIDS Information sheet.